1.11.2016

Traveling on Whole 30

This past weekend I was in Memphis. Traveling on Whole 30, I thought would be next to impossible. It was easier than I expected. Almost every place cooked their food in vegetable oil, which according to book is ok if you have to. Restaurants were very accommodating when I asked how something was prepared and what they put on it. Once I heard what they do, I would ask for everything plain. I ate mostly grilled chicken and plain hamburgers. It was not very exciting but it did the trick. Veggies was slightly more difficult. I typically went with a house salad, no cheese, no dressing, and no croutons. That unfortunately, only left lettuce and typically one tomato. It did not taste great but I forced myself to eat some of it. I knew I needed to get my veggies in. At the Outback, I was able to get steamed broccoli, squash, and carrots. They normally put butter on them, I asked for no butter but when it came out, it had butter on it. I grabbed the waitress, and she brought it back and brought out steamed veggies without the butter. It was good, I needed a veggie change and they tasted great. Breakfast was a little harder for me because the hotel I stayed at was not very accommodating. They ended up being able to make me poached eggs. They were ok but not great. It did the trick for breakfast. While traveling I brought food with me. I brought compliant beef jerky, Lara bars, almonds, and oranges. It was my meals on the planes. They worked very well for me. One thing I have learned about this plan is that you need to plan. If you don't plan that's when you get into trouble. Planning prevents me from being hungry and gives me options when I cannot find food I can eat. This plan is limiting but I am thinking of the results and ending. This week I am home so it is back to meal planning today and preparing for my week ahead. I also am feeling more confident which I feel is coming out in my work. I am always looking for ways to improve myself.

Stay Tuned for more of my experiences on Whole 30.

Jax On a Plane

Whole 30 Book is a Lifesaver  




As always work hard, follow your dreams and show the world that.......PETITE GIRLS ROCK!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment